1.5 erratic "part of compilation" flag reading fro

Users of MPFreaker exchange tips and comments.
tshawkins

1.5 erratic "part of compilation" flag reading fro

Post by tshawkins » Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:34 am

Im having a problem with 1.5 not reading the "Part of compilation" flag reliably from iTunes. If i set this flag on all my compilations, it does not always seem to transfer when I select a playlist, pressing rescan does not seem to help. This is a pain as the flag seems to have a big impact on matching compilations.

Anybody got any ideas?

Intel Mac Min 10.4.7 MP3f 1.5
beastie

Tag 'disagreements' between iTunes and MPFreaker

Post by beastie » Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:11 am

This is an unfortunate occasional problem for any software that works with an iTunes-managed music library, and "Part of a compilation" is just a more common example. Basically, in this case for you, turning on this flag in iTunes is not actually setting it in the song files themselves. Here's another forum post on this general problem: http://www.pixeltoy.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=76

As you say, this flag makes a world of difference in MPFreaker's behavior. Use MPFreaker to reveal one of these problematic song files in Finder and Get Info. In Ownership & Permissions, make sure that you can "Read & Write". Then back in iTunes, Get Info on the problematic songs and turn *off* this flag, and OK it. Get Info again and turn them back on. Hopefully this will smack iTunes into actually working with the song files again.

This is not necessarily why this is happening to you, so if you still get no joy, let me know here or at support@lairware.com and I can make further suggestions ...

Leon