Seems to work but not changing info in iTunes

Users of MPFreaker exchange tips and comments.
Hacky

Seems to work but not changing info in iTunes

Post by Hacky » Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:38 pm

Select 3 songs from iTunes, click begin in MPF, seems to gather appropriate data, have overwrite boxes checked or unchecked, but nothing seems to be happening in iTunes. Any advice, trying to decide to purchase?
beastie

Re: Seems to work but not changing info in iTunes

Post by beastie » Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:53 am

Select 3 songs from iTunes, click begin in MPF, seems to gather appropriate data, have overwrite boxes checked or unchecked, but nothing seems to be happening in iTunes. Any advice, trying to decide to purchase?
First, ensure that "Keep iTunes Updated" is checked in MPFreaker's Preferences. It's on by default, so I doubt that's your problem.

Secondly, you need to have iTunes running while MPFreaker is doing its work in order for iTunes to be kept updated. If you didn't have iTunes running, MPFreaker would have whined at you ... so that's probably not the problem either.

You should select a problem song in iTunes and then deselect it again. Did the updated information appear, or did it remain showing old information? In the unlikely event that neither of the first two scenarios were the problem and doing the select/deselect thing in iTunes did reveal updated information, this would mean that MPFreaker is doing something wrong. Please e-mail support@lairware.com if this is the case.

If iTunes is stubbornly showing the old information, this probably means that iTunes' database has become 'detached' from the information in these songs. I refer to this at length in this post.

Please let us know what happens for you.

Leon
Hacky

Post regarding 'detached' info

Post by Hacky » Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:34 pm

Hi, I believe you forgot to include the link to the post you refer to.

Thanks, Howard
beastie

Link to other post

Post by beastie » Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:28 pm

The link shows up fine for me, but here it is spelled out:

http://www.lairware.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=63