Album art with Nokia phones?

Users of MPFreaker exchange tips and comments.
YSR

Album art with Nokia phones?

Post by YSR » Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:01 pm

I am having trouble seeing the album art with my Nokia N95 phone. I can edit the tags fine they show up but for some reason no album art. Any ideas? i have used the options for the album art for itunes and proper specific, and still no art.
beastie

Re: Album art with Nokia phones?

Post by beastie » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:15 am

I am having trouble seeing the album art with my Nokia N95 phone. I can edit the tags fine they show up but for some reason no album art. Any ideas? i have used the options for the album art for itunes and proper specific, and still no art.
With the artwork showing in MPFreaker, one can say that the artwork is definitely being put into the song files, so it's only a matter of discovering why your phone isn't finding the art. MPFreaker's artwork-adding behaviour adheres to the preference discussed here, and I realize that you have already tried changing this setting to "Proper specification format". Are you certain that you have then modified some songs again after changing to this setting, and copied those songs to your phone to test it?

If this isn't the particular issue, it probably is still a tag format issue. In iTunes, select a song which exhibits this problem and select "Get Info" from the File menu. In the Summary tab it'll show Kind (probably MPEG) and ID3 Tag. What Kind does it show for you? If MPEG, what ID3 Tag version?

If it is MPEG, it would be useful for you to try a different tag version to see if your phone likes it better. Just select your test song in iTunes, select "Convert ID3 Tags..." from the Advanced menu, and change the ID3 tag version to a different v2.x value.

Please let us know what happens ...

Leon
YSR

tag info

Post by YSR » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:24 am

it says MPEG-1, layer 3, di3 tag v2.2, not sure why no album art on my phone. but i tunes of course works.
beastie

MP3 ID3 v2.2 artwork on Nokia

Post by beastie » Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:41 am

I know of absolutely no issue with MP3 ID3v2.2 embedded artwork added by iTunes or MPFreaker.

I can't imagine why this wouldn't work on any device which claims to show MP3 embedded artwork. I can offer no further help on this one ...

Leon