Why should I buy this?

Users of MPFreaker exchange tips and comments.
arsen32

Why should I buy this?

Post by arsen32 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:59 pm

Okay so I have been playing with the trial version of this and wondering quite a few things, mostly whether this is worth my money.

1. Only being able to test three files before relaunching the program is annoying to test it out.

2. Can I select from the multiple images that is finds?

3. Where is is drawing from? When I select manual it sends me to google images bad bad bad sign. (poor image quality, horrible cropping and mislabeling everywhere)

4. Why on some album art it pulls was the art and/or album name removed from the art? (ie Barenaked Ladies Everything to Everyone)

5. Setting seem every limited and control is not there in advanced mode. Way to much automation.

Remind me why this is worth my money? Still looking for an album art finder that doesn't have too much crap I don't need ie lyrics, album year. And trying to find one that lets me choose art. Tried Fetch_Art, CoverScout and now this, why is finding album art so damn hard?
beastie

Re: Why should I buy this?

Post by beastie » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:33 am

1. Only being able to test three files before relaunching the program is annoying to test it out.

2. Can I select from the multiple images that is finds?

3. Where is is drawing from? When I select manual it sends me to google images bad bad bad sign. (poor image quality, horrible cropping and mislabeling everywhere)

4. Why on some album art it pulls was the art and/or album name removed from the art? (ie Barenaked Ladies Everything to Everyone)

5. Setting seem every limited and control is not there in advanced mode. Way to much automation.
1. I'm afraid that's the point. Fully functional but with an annoying limitation until paid for.

2. No, though I imagine this will be implemented in a future version. It certainly is a feature often asked for.

3. MPFreaker draws from many, many sources, which vary from version to version and can even vary from day to day. MPFreaker can fall back to Google Images when necessary, though it is smart enough to visually compare the results and only pays attention to those images that are quite visually similar, choosing the highest resolution one it can get.

4. The image in question was being represented as the album cover somewhere; I'm afraid you'll need to wait for #2 above for these (hopefully rare) occurrences.

5. Simplicity and automation are what sets MPFreaker apart from many other utilities. If users want to manually deal with their tags, they can do so already fairly easily with iTunes and a web browser. Still, there's definitely room for improvement in this regard in MPFreaker.
Remind me why this is worth my money?
We're always listening to what users want, but at the end of the day this is a decision everyone needs to make when buying anything. If for your needs it doesn't seem worth the money, don't buy it ...

Leon