Finding the right album

Users of MPFreaker exchange tips and comments.
Alnyden

Finding the right album

Post by Alnyden » Sun Sep 19, 2004 10:32 pm

Hi. My question is regarding the album and year tags. It always seems to come back with a "greatest hits" album (and thus, the wrong year) for songs. I would have thought if I'd set the album to "oldest" it would come back with the original album.

Is there a setting I should change?

Thanks,

Al
beastie

Re: Finding the right album

Post by beastie » Wed Sep 22, 2004 12:48 am

Alnyden wrote:Hi. My question is regarding the album and year tags. It always seems to come back with a "greatest hits" album (and thus, the wrong year) for songs. I would have thought if I'd set the album to "oldest" it would come back with the original album.
Setting "Oldest" is important, of course, but if you really want to ensure that the oldest album title MPFreaker can possibly find is what you end up with, you'll need to turn on Deep search.

If the song in question isn't a special version (live or remix), you might consider also activating Allow partial matches.

Finally ... it happens to the best of us ... but double-check the spelling of the artist's name and the song title. Most online databases of music are remarkably intolerant of even slight misspellings.

At the end of it all, on very rare occasions you may still end up with "Greatest Hits" albums, but the above hints should dramatically help.

Leon