Changing Source for MP3 Tag retrieval?

Users of MPFreaker exchange tips and comments.

Changing Source for MP3 Tag retrieval?

Post by guest » Wed Nov 24, 2004 8:49 am

I have several albums where the song title doesn't match the actual song and its been my past experience that I can select different sources for obtaining the actual MP3 Tag information. Is this possible to do in the MPFreaker application? If so, please advise.

If not, then I might have to get hold of something that will allow for this. My library is +9400 mp3 files and missing this option doesn't help me at all. Let me know!

Thanks!
beastie

Re: Changing Source for MP3 Tag retrieval?

Post by beastie » Sun Nov 28, 2004 9:24 am

guest wrote:I have several albums where the song title doesn't match the actual song and its been my past experience that I can select different sources for obtaining the actual MP3 Tag information. Is this possible to do in the MPFreaker application? If so, please advise.
If you have improperly titled songs but do have correct artist, album, and track # information, you can set Song Title to Overwrite to let MPFreaker set the correct titles. For example, if you rip a CD that iTunes was not able to find information for (or you weren't online when you ripped it), you'd end up with songs entitled "Track 01", etc. You could then use iTunes to select all of the tracks and at least set the right artist and album name info, then use MPFreaker to set the individual titles.

If you don't have correct artist, album, or track # info for these improperly titled songs, MPFreaker can't help you. I have used iEatBrainz to find out info for those songs for which I have no idea what they really are, it seems to come up with correct information for at least 25% of these. Unfortunately, the information it offers for other songs can be completely wrong, so be sure to carefully examine its suggestions before applying them.

If all else fails, a Google search for the word "lyrics" and a short, relatively unique phrase from the song does it for me. Not helpful for plowing through thousands of songs, though!

Leon