obviously I like it because I paid for it, but

Users of MPFreaker exchange tips and comments.
baneVader

obviously I like it because I paid for it, but

Post by baneVader » Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:00 pm

I have 2 gripes
1. The program doesn't work on some of my songs on my G5 running the latest iTunes but if I change the id tag of the song using iTunes to ver 1.0 for instance all of the sudden the program works on that song. How could that insignificant change mean the difference between the program working or not and why can't it do it without me going to all the hassle.
2. I paid the fee through Kagi several hours ago and still haven't received a serial number. I'm used to instant gratification and having to wait makes it less likely I'll buy another program. I'm sure there's a good reason, but I don't care to hear it.

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 11, 2005 1:32 am

I did receive the registration. Thanks
beastie

iTunes misbehavior

Post by beastie » Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:52 am

baneVader wrote:The program doesn't work on some of my songs on my G5 running the latest iTunes but if I change the id tag of the song using iTunes to ver 1.0 for instance all of the sudden the program works on that song. How could that insignificant change mean the difference between the program working or not and why can't it do it without me going to all the hassle.
On rare occasion, I've found that iTunes decides not to keep the tag information in some MP3 songs up to date. I'm not sure why this happens, but as you discovered, changing the ID3 tag version kicks iTunes into gear. At least iTunes will let you select as many songs as you want and convert their ID3 tags in one fell swoop.

A future version of MPFreaker may address this iTunes flaw, but it would almost certainly slow down MPFreaker a great deal. I'm investigating solutions.

Leon