[REQ] Bulk Manual Editing

Users of MPFreaker exchange tips and comments.
ciordia9

[REQ] Bulk Manual Editing

Post by ciordia9 » Mon May 01, 2006 8:27 am

I really love MPFreaker for all the things it helps me with. It only has one real drawback that constantly makes me itch. Let me just illustrate the use case.

Current:
User wants to edit entire column of data at once.
User must repeatedly enter new data into each selection.

Future:
User wants to edit entire column of data at once.
User makes song selection(s) and in the detail section overrides a selection with a (new) input field.
Input Data Propagates into selected fields.

Get where I'm coming from? If I want to change a mislabeled genre for an entire album, mass enter an album name, select Cmp, change a year, etc; these ideas take all the time-saving out of my labeling.

I beg of thee! hehehe

-a
beastie

Editing tag info en masse

Post by beastie » Thu May 25, 2006 2:30 pm

iTunes does already have a nice interface for making the same change to multiple songs in one action. Just select a load of songs and select Get Info from the File menu (command-I).

I understand not wanting to switch back and forth between two programs, however.

Leon
ciordia9

Re: Editing tag info en masse

Post by ciordia9 » Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:22 am

beastie wrote:iTunes does already have a nice interface for making the same change to multiple songs in one action. Just select a load of songs and select Get Info from the File menu (command-I).

I understand not wanting to switch back and forth between two programs, however.

Leon
As well if you keep your tunes centralized and are mounting via nfs, even with correct permissions itunes stops being able to edit those tracks. So basically I am cut off from using itunes to do editing because I utilize my tracks in a repo and it doesn't play like it should over nfs.

-a