default pic will not allow me top change...

User discussion of PixelToy's uses in live performances, video clip exporting, etc.
carmen

default pic will not allow me top change...

Post by carmen » Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:30 am

for some reason when i insert a new default picture it goes back to the mona lisa...help!

thanks.
beastie

changing the default picture

Post by beastie » Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:36 am

First, make sure you understand how Sets work by reading about them in the PixelToy manual. To call PixelToy sets "unintuitive" would be kind.

Secondly, if you followed the advice in the PixelToy FAQ to drop a "Default Image" file into PixelToy's folder, it really needs to be named "Default Image" -- as in, no hidden ".jpg" extension, for example. You'll need to Get Info on the image file in order to actually remove the extension. PixelToy will use just about any image format even if the extension is missing.

Thirdly, many of the built-in Sets will have Mona Lisa set as their initial image, even if images initially aren't turned on for a given set. Changing the default image as mentioned above will only affect newly created image objects, not predefined images set up within existing Sets.

Leon
edylo

Re: default pic will not allow me top change...

Post by edylo » Wed May 25, 2016 6:22 pm

Hi Guys! Im having issues with it saving the Default Image after I close it. I made sure there was no hidden extension and its in same directory as the PixelToy application. I didn't move it either, but every time I reopen it the set says "Image not found". Please help! :(