Anyone else have problems w/ Level 6 Fighter & Lord Brit

Ultima III has thousands of fans around the world, and here's the home for the Mac users among them.
RobotronX1

Anyone else have problems w/ Level 6 Fighter & Lord Brit

Post by RobotronX1 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 3:45 pm

My current situation is, that I have ::

Level 6 Fighter.
Level 3 Cleric.
Level 3 Wizard.
Level 4 Thief.

While playing this game (with these same Characters) I died, one time then was resurrected, (last night) prior to the problem, which occured immediately after I approached Lord British, in his Castle, with my Level 6 Fighter.

What happened, next, is that Lord British States, that ' Thou Are Greater , etc... ' then says, ' Now Go Seek Yee The Mark Of Kings ' , followed by the game abruptly Ending (terminating) and a message, indicating that ' We are sorry but the application that you were running has been terminated, etc.... '

When I attempted to Restart, it did nothing, so I quit, out completely, then again repeated the above scenario, and it occured, over and over, but Only for the Level 6 Fighter, (all prior Level Up(s) (so to speak), for all other Characters, have been Good, so far.)

Not sure if this was due to myself Resurrecting the Party? Or not ?
But I thought that I would let everyone know, and to see, if anyone else may have run into this particular problem?
beastie

Fixed in beta 2

Post by beastie » Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:19 pm

This problem should have been fixed in beta 2. If you were using beta 1, please download the latest beta here, otherwise I'll need the Ultima III crash report from your home / Library / Logs / CrashReporter directory.

Leon
RobotronX1

Post by RobotronX1 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:53 pm

Thank you, I will Download the latest Beta version and try it out, then report back. :D
RobotronX1

Post by RobotronX1 » Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:06 pm

After loading Ultima III - Beta Version 3 - last night, this time around, I was able to speak with Lord British, with my Level 6 Fighter, whom has since gone up to Level 8, without any stopping / crashing of the game.

Also glad to see that All of my characters, were transferred (in tact) over from Beta 2 Version to Beta 3.

So far, this one looks to be Good. :D