Bug in the user interface.

A simple, addictive strategy game where the object is to avoid hazards without knowing exactly where they are, but instead by deducing where they must be.
argent

Bug in the user interface.

Post by argent » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:35 am

There's a bug in the user interface.

If you click on a cell while it's displaying multiple cells exposed by a single click, it treats it as if you clicked on the cell it's currently considering for display. If that cell is unoccupied it can go unnoticed, but if it's occupied it kills you.
beastie

Details?

Post by beastie » Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:42 pm

I can't reproduce this on Leopard no matter how I try. I can't see from the source code how this could happen at all ...

Please double-check that this is happening, and provide details of your system and circumstances if possible.

Thanks,
Leon
argent

Re: Details?

Post by argent » Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:57 pm

beastie wrote:Please double-check that this is happening, and provide details of your system and circumstances if possible.
Macbook Pro, Tiger 10.4.9, and it's definitely happening. The only way to ameliorate it is to turn off "reveal animation delay". It is possible that the event is occurring during the reveal animation, or that the click is getting handled immediately after the animation. You may need to set a flag before the animation starts, clearing it afterwards, and ignore clicks that occur when that flag is set.