deleted file are no longer going to trash on my Mac

Discuss LairWare's app for fixing problems in your iTunes library.
dbaps

deleted file are no longer going to trash on my Mac

Post by dbaps » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:43 am

Everything has been working fine. All of my files are on an attached usb external drive. SongSergeant builds the list of duplicate files properly. I had selected "remove from Itunes and move files to trash." The playlist and last play boxes are unchecked bottom left. I select merge marked. It starts deleting the files and songs from Itunes. I watch the files being deleted in the finder. However the files are not going to trash. I also tried running trash-it utility to reinitialize my trash in case I had something wrong. Still not fixed.

Any suggestions? I'm running Lion 10.7.5. My Mac can't run Mountain Lion because of its age. It's from 2006.

Thanks for your help. Paul
beastie

Re: deleted file are no longer going to trash on my Mac

Post by beastie » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:50 am

Paul, 1.4 and later have more verbose internal logging of information relating to this issue (because of your same question in September). In 1.4, please perform a small test in which you encounter this problem, then send the resulting Song Sergeant log file to songsergeant@lairware.com.

The log files containing information about the last time Song Sergeant was run can be found here:

(home) / Library / Application Support / Song Sergeant