Inconsistent song renaming broken under iTunes 11

Discuss LairWare's app for fixing problems in your iTunes library.
Gruberman

Inconsistent song renaming broken under iTunes 11

Post by Gruberman » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:29 am

Hi everyone,
Right up front, I want you to know that I depend on Song Sergeant to keep my sanity when dealing with an iTunes library that has 30,000 items in it! And I am VERY particular about keeping it neat and organized, as it is part of my livelihood. And now, with iTunes 11 (temporarily) removing the ability to find and remove duplicates? Song Sergeant is more important than ever!

I have the latest version 1.4, and am running it with OS X 10.8.2 "Mountain Lion" on a 2011 MacBook Pro with 16GB of RAM. Since iTunes 11 was released, I was happy to see that the duplicates function in SS still works … but sadly the ability to rename songs that are inconsistently named has been broken. SS 1.4 has found about 90 items to be renamed, but when I hit Command-A to select all of them and then hit the return key, I get an error message that says something about not being able to rename anything and to please make sure the files are OK by playing them in iTunes to make sure there are no problems, etc. (they are all OK btw).

This was working fine in iTunes 10, so I'm not sure what is going on. Help me, Obi-wan Lairware … you're my only hope!
beastie

Re: Inconsistent song renaming broken under iTunes 11

Post by beastie » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:19 am

I should note that this has been resolved via email. In Song Sergeant's "Inconsistent" renaming process, it isn't able to rename tracks that are only available on iCloud (via "iTunes Match") and are not present on a normal file system (local or file server, for example).

This will be resolved for the next release of Song Sergeant.