So how does this thing start up?

Discuss LairWare's app for fixing problems in your iTunes library.
usernamecutshort

So how does this thing start up?

Post by usernamecutshort » Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:11 pm

Having trialled Song Sergeant on my iTunes library, and being impressed with the results, I downloaded a full version from the Apple App Store, as my library needs a major clear-up. No sign of a licence key, either from the App Store or via email, but the App Store has a record of purchase, so I’m not necessarily expecting that.
On opening, the app definitely seems different, as the Song Sergeant Permission dialogue comes up. Don't get that dialogue with the trial version, so I'm assuming that this is the paid version. The dialogue correctly identifies my iTunes folder (it’s on a NAS on our LAN), but dragging my iTunes library folder into it, as instructed, has no effect. The border goes olive green for as long as the dragged folder is held over it, then nothing happens. Try again, same result: nothing. Wait for a long time. Try again. Still nothing. The whole app seems to be suspended unless this step is taken, and the step can’t be taken.
Sp that's me foxed. Any advice welcome.
beastie

Re: So how does this thing start up?

Post by beastie » Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:50 am

All software downloaded from Apple's App Store runs in a 'sandbox' which prevents it from seeing or interacting with anything outside of that sandbox. In Song Sergeant's case, express permission must be given to access the location(s) containing your music library so that it can do what it needs to do.

In your case, it seems like Song Sergeant is continuing to have trouble reading your particular music library files even after having been given permission. Please contact support@lairware.com with the details of your situation in order to receive a non-App Store version of Song Sergeant.