False Duplicates

Discuss LairWare's app for fixing problems in your iTunes library.
Glow Boy

False Duplicates

Post by Glow Boy » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:23 pm

I gave "Song Sergeant" a shot and found that it considered the the same title by the same artist on different albums to be duplicates. I wouldn't consider these duplicates!

I realize that the effectiveness of searching depends heavily on the meta data available for each track. However including the Album Title in the search parameters, would eliminate the behaviour exemplified above.

What do you reckon :?:

Dave ;-)
beastie

Default criteria

Post by beastie » Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:25 pm

I know I have plenty of tracks that are listed on different albums, yet are identical songs.

If you want the album to be considered important, just go into Song Sergeant's Preferences and turn it on, and/or adjust other settings.

Leon
Last edited by beastie on Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Glow Boy

Post by Glow Boy » Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:29 am

Ok! A fair cop! Guilty as charged!
RTFM?

Dave :-(
martin59

Re: False Duplicates

Post by martin59 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:32 pm

Glow Boy wrote:I gave "Song Sergeant" a shot and found that it considered the the same title by the same artist on different albums to be duplicates. I wouldn't consider these duplicates!

I realize that the effectiveness of searching depends heavily on the meta data available for each track. However including the Album Title in the search parameters, would eliminate the behaviour exemplified above.

What do you reckon :?:

Dave ;-)
That is, in iTunes the 'songs' appear to have the same names, but in Song Sergeant they have different names and therefore do not register as duplicates.
beastie

Example?

Post by beastie » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:31 am

That is, in iTunes the 'songs' appear to have the same names, but in Song Sergeant they have different names and therefore do not register as duplicates.
I would love to see an example of this. Also note that I have removed your SEO signature, please don't do that.