OS X Native?

Ultima III has thousands of fans around the world, and here's the home for the Mac users among them.
beastie

Ultima III OS X Native

Post by beastie » Wed May 18, 2005 2:10 am

It seems to run in Classic, but I can't access any of the "invisible" menus! The screen flashes for a moment, but no menu becomes visible, so there's no clean way for me to quit that I know of.
You should be able to move the mouse to the top of the screen to make the menu bar appear, and it should stay enabled until you move the mouse away again. Is this not working?

MPFreaker 1.0 wasn't as rock-solid as I'd hoped, so I've been devoting my scant time to MPFreaker 1.0.1. That's about done, and I really really do want to get a new version of Ultima III out.

Leon
rufwork

Re: Ultima III OS X Native

Post by rufwork » Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:03 pm

beastie wrote:
It seems to run in Classic, but I can't access any of the "invisible" menus! The screen flashes for a moment, but no menu becomes visible, so there's no clean way for me to quit that I know of.
You should be able to move the mouse to the top of the screen to make the menu bar appear, and it should stay enabled until you move the mouse away again. Is this not working?

MPFreaker 1.0 wasn't as rock-solid as I'd hoped, so I've been devoting my scant time to MPFreaker 1.0.1. That's about done, and I really really do want to get a new version of Ultima III out.

Leon
Okay, I realize MPFreaker is beta-ing again, but when's the OS X port of Ultima going to leak its way out?!! ;^)

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:06 pm

And will it be a universal binary? :-)

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:15 pm

With Intel Macs unable to run Classic, a OS X native version would be really nice to see.
Ken

I second that...

Post by Ken » Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:05 am

I, too, am trying to find the "shortest path" to UIII.

That means either:

1. An Intel-based Mac (Mac Mini) LairWare
2. Or LairWare on a PowerPC simulation on a PC (BasiliskII)
3. U3Project

Unfortunately, I no longer have access to a PowerPC Mac (had an original 128k Mac upgraded to Fat 512k Mac and a PowerBook). I tried 2. - but it was too painful to get to work (still need ROMs and OS 8.0). Besides Lairware's version looks far superior/more polished than 3. U3Project.

I would gladly pony up $15 for a working version of 1. if you would release it.

Thanks!

- K