playlist error: track not found

Discuss LairWare's app for fixing problems in your iTunes library.
spongebob

playlist error: track not found

Post by spongebob » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:15 am

After scanning my platlist, and when i push the button 'merge marked', i get immediately this message:

Playlist Error

Song Sergeant stopped merging songs because there was an error whilst working with a playlist. If a large playlist is involved, iTunes may have timed out in which case you should try merging again. Otherwise, look for and remove any obvious problems then rescan your library.

error: track not found

how can fix this problem? Thanks in advance!
beastie

Track not found

Post by beastie » Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:58 am

The "track not found" error means that there is a mismatch between the information Song Sergeant is getting from iTunes' library XML file and what the running iTunes itself has within it when communicating directly with Song Sergeant. This may mean that Song Sergeant has been directed to an incorrect xml file, one that does not correspond to the actual current iTunes library. In Song Sergeant's "Misc" Preferences, have you used the "Change iTunes Library Location..." button to direct it to another location?

If so, I would suggest clicking it again and accepting its offer to return to default behavior. You would then want to completely quit out of both iTunes and Song Sergeant before trying again.

If not, it could really help us track down what is happening if you could send in two files to support@lairware.com:

1. Your iTunes library XML file. This is within your iTunes folder, which is usually within your (home directory) / Music folder. It can be rather large, but Finder's "Compress" command makes it much smaller.

2. Song Sergeant's latest log file. It is found in (home directory) / Library / Application Support / Song Sergeant. If you're on Lion, you'll need to use Finder's Go menu > Go to Folder... command and enter ~/Library to get in there. Ensure that you encountered the problem the last time you ran Song Sergeant, because the log only has information about the last time it was run.

Finally, it wouldn't hurt to try the latest beta version, found here: http://www.lairware.com/download/SongSergeant-beta.zip
beastie

Possibly fixed now.

Post by beastie » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:01 am

The latest beta (1.3b2 as of this writing) specifically addresses this problem, if you're reading this before 1.3 has been released, please try the beta from the link above.