MPF hangs when modifying specific song

Users of MPFreaker exchange tips and comments.
ph

Post by ph » Sun Aug 21, 2005 8:30 am

MPF hangs and quits when it modifies some specific songs for album and artworks. Looks like it can't write id3 tag info into some mp3 files? Or some files don't want to be changed?

This looks quite critical problem to me. I have to force quit the app average every 10-20 songs. It would be rather ok if MPF skips such files if it can't handle.
ph

Post by ph » Sun Aug 21, 2005 8:33 am

I'm on OS X 10.3.9 and iTunes 4.9.
beastie

MPFreaker hanging

Post by beastie » Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:22 am

MPF hangs and quits when it modifies some specific songs for album and artworks. Looks like it can't write id3 tag info into some mp3 files? Or some files don't want to be changed?

This looks quite critical problem to me. I have to force quit the app average every 10-20 songs. It would be rather ok if MPF skips such files if it can't handle.
This is certainly not a known problem, and I'm not able to reproduce what you describe. Here's what you can do to help. What you'll need to do is first cause it to hang/quit again. Then:

If MPFreaker is crashing in such a manner that you see a window offering to send Apple a crash report, go ahead and view the report then copy/paste it to me.

If it is becoming unresponsive but you can still quit out of it normally, launch /Applications/Utilities/Console and copy/paste the last lines which mention MPFreaker after the date & time.

If it is instead giving you a spinning rainbow cursor that never goes away, it's slightly more complicated. When it is hung, launch /Applications/Utilities/Activity Monitor. Select MPFreaker in the list, then select Sample Process from the View menu. Then copy/paste the results to me.

Finally, in any case I'd like to know if there are particular circumstances under which the hang seems to occur, e.g. is it while manually editing song info, automatically gathering information for songs, if it seems to hang on the same song(s) every time, etc.

Leon
Roy Murray

Program Hangs

Post by Roy Murray » Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:02 am

I'm having the same problem and it's a pain to have to force quit and rescan. I will send you the required message.