Tag data for apple lossless audio files

Users of MPFreaker exchange tips and comments.
jongern

Tag data for apple lossless audio files

Post by jongern » Sat May 27, 2006 8:21 am

I have 300Gb songs in my iTunes that I have converted from CDs in Apple Lossless Audio File. They have all correct artist, album, track # and song titles from CDDB while I converted from CDs.

However it seems the MPFreaker can't read these. It only shows the song titles and Jenre. Is there any way to get artworks for my music files?
beastie

Editing lossless files

Post by beastie » Sat May 27, 2006 10:06 am

I can't say that I've done any extensive testing in the past on Apple Lossless format song files, but a quick test now indicates that they are simply AAC files without lossy compression. I had no problem reading and adding lyrics, artwork, etc. to these test files using MPFreaker.

Obviously these are large files, but if you could send a smallish one to support@lairware.com, I will look into what you're encountering.

Leon
jongern

Post by jongern » Sat May 27, 2006 8:22 pm

Thanks, I have sent a small file.
jongern

Post by jongern » Sat May 27, 2006 8:47 pm

I have solved the problem.

From the fact that you don't have problem - the only difference in enviroment between you and me would be the language - I have set OSX language as English on the top at the preference, international, language. The tag data doesn't show up first, but when I select the songs and begin they appear again.

Thank you for the support. This is excellent software.
beastie

Language affecting reading of lossless song files?

Post by beastie » Sun May 28, 2006 2:35 am

I'm really glad it's working for you! However, after setting Korean as my highest priority language and restarting everything, I still had no problem ... other than my inability to read Korean :shock:

Leon