Beta testing finished - proper 2.0 available

Ultima III has thousands of fans around the world, and here's the home for the Mac users among them.
beastie

Beta testing finished - proper 2.0 available

Post by beastie » Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:27 pm

As it says, non-expiring v2.0 is now available for download. Grab it in the LairWare downloads area:

http://www.lairware.com/download/

Leon
minusman

Are you sure?

Post by minusman » Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:11 pm

I downloaded it multiple times from the download page, trashed preferences, etc.

Each time I launch the app tells me it's a prerelease beta that will expire April 2.

For what it's worth, it also still exhibits some funky redraw issues on my PowerBook G4 1.67 GHz.
trigonman3

Post by trigonman3 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:07 pm

w00t!

It's pleasing and humbling to see my olde mappes still linked/posted here.

Excuse me; there's something in me eye...
beastie

Re: Are you sure?

Post by beastie » Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:47 am

minusman wrote:I downloaded it multiple times from the download page, trashed preferences, etc.

Each time I launch the app tells me it's a prerelease beta that will expire April 2.
While running Ultima III, select "About Ultima III" from the Ultima III menu. It'll show the version number in the corner of this window, and I'd be willing to wager that you're somehow still launching a beta (2.0b#) version.

Leon
minusman

Nutty.

Post by minusman » Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:57 pm

It works now - I had to delete the app from my hard drive (rather than just copying over it as I had been doing previously). Maybe that's an Apple bug. :-)

The weird redrawing thing is still an issue however. If I start the game, then click in the menu bar while the title screen (with the dragon animation) or the little demo-with-music that plays right after the title screen, the menu screen (Return to the View/Organize Party/etc.) is drawn in the upper left corner of my monitor.

I can avoid this by not clicking outside the window until the menu screen shows up, but I figured you'd want to know about it.

Incidentally, Leon - thanks for making this happen. Ultima III v1.4.2 was the last Classic app on my hard drive. Now I don't ever need to run Classic again!