MPFreaker completely screwed up my entire library!!!

Users of MPFreaker exchange tips and comments.
k2snowboards88

MPFreaker completely screwed up my entire library!!!

Post by k2snowboards88 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:58 am

I dont knwo how this happenned but no all of my songs are duplicated. Which doesn't seem too bad at first. Then i realized that the duplicates of each song are songs from other bands. Then to make things even worse, i realized that the songs duplicated are no longer in the proper part of the library at all. Now my library is completely screwed up. I'll never get it fixed now. This product is terrible.

It even changed the band names, which it isn't supposed to be able to do. :evil:
beastie

Library damage

Post by beastie » Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:07 am

This appears to be a new and very rare circumstance amongst MPFreaker users, perhaps related to a recent OS X system update. Rest assured that we take this seriously and are vigorously looking into it.

Leon
bundle

Post by bundle » Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:55 pm

Any word on when this will be fixed?
Are there known problems with OS X 10.5 Leopard?
I would hate to have it screw up my library since I have a lot of music.
beastie

Bugs

Post by beastie » Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:10 am

This appears to be a new and very rare circumstance amongst MPFreaker users, perhaps related to a recent OS X system update. Rest assured that we take this seriously and are vigorously looking into it.
Any word on when this will be fixed?
A condition in iTunes was discovered which could potentially cause what was described if iTunes was quit and relaunched whilst using MPFreaker to work upon a large number of songs specifically in Directory mode. This has to do with the fact that iTunes sometimes will change internal song identification numbers from launch to launch. This condition has been worked around in MPFreaker 1.7.1. We never could replicate exactly what was described by these two users, so couldn't quite announce this condition "fixed".
Are there known problems with OS X 10.5 Leopard?
Just one: manual editing of song information in MPFreaker can be sluggish and unresponsive for some Leopard users. This will be fixed in MPFreaker 1.7.2.

Leon