Beta 9 available

Users of MPFreaker exchange tips and comments.
beastie

Beta 9 available

Post by beastie » Sun Jun 06, 2004 9:30 am

What's changed:
  • - New "Deep search" capability
    - Improved song matching
    - Many other minor fixes and improvements
About "Deep search" (from MPFreaker's Help window):
Under normal circumstances, MPFreaker searches for information about your songs on one internet source at a time, until matching information is located. With “Deep search” enabled, MPFreaker will search all of its sources simultaneously, and only when all searches have completed will MPFreaker apply the results of the search. Deep searches will not find results when a standard search didn't find any -- but Deep searches usually end with more reliable results. The down side is that Deep searches can take much more time than standard MPFreaker searches, particularly with a dialup connection.
bagus

where can I download beta 9?

Post by bagus » Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:26 pm

Aloha,

I have just started using beta 8 and noticed this post that beta 9 is available. When I go to the download pages, it still has beta 8 as the download. Also any advice on how to clean up my song titiles? I see that MpFreaker does not edit song titles.

thanks
beastie

Re: where can I download beta 9?

Post by beastie » Sun Jun 06, 2004 10:41 pm

bagus wrote:I have just started using beta 8 and noticed this post that beta 9 is available. When I go to the download pages, it still has beta 8 as the download.
It sounds like you need to 1) hit the reload button in your browser (while browsing the LairWare downloads page, and/or 2) remove the old MPFreaker from your applications folder and downloads folder before you download the new one.
tom

stalls out

Post by tom » Mon Jun 07, 2004 12:53 pm

Beta 9 seems to stall out on certain songs and hangs up (even when left overnight). This prevents any additional songs from being searched. Any cause of this problem? Any solutions? I end up stopping the process and then starting from the next song on the list, but this sort of is a pain as I am trying to clean up about 10,000 songs. Any advice? I am not using deep search.