Just stopped Working

Users of MPFreaker exchange tips and comments.
jdiv726

Just stopped Working

Post by jdiv726 » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:30 am

Tried the demo yesterday and liked what I saw so I purchased. Last night it was running just fine. I must have gone through at least 1500 songs without a glitch. This morning I fire it up and nothing. When I select a song the artist/song title progress bar just kind of sits halfway complete while the progress bar at the bottom of the drawer either sits there with the stripes just moving or the bar completes and still nothing happens. Any ideas. This app looked so promising. It's something I could really use. :(

should have added:
iMac Core 2 Duo, 10.5.1
beastie

MPFreaker unresponsive

Post by beastie » Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:13 am

This is very odd. In an instance where a Mac app becomes unresponsive like this, here's what you do:

Quit out (force quit if necessary), then launch Console (in Applications/Utilities). Launch MPFreaker again and if it becomes unresponsive, look at Console for any messages from MPFreaker. Copy/paste them into a posted reply here or in an e-mail to support@lairware.com.

Sorry about this, but we'll sort it out quickly.

Leon
jdiv726

Post by jdiv726 » Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:40 pm

Leon thanks so much for the quick response. Well it seems my penchant for being impatient has once again reared it's ugly head and bitten me. It was strange that for an hour or so the process of finding the info for the songs was taking a rather long time but after that it just started speeding along like the previous night. Sorry to bother you. I love this app. Great job!

Robert :D
beastie

Server unresponsive

Post by beastie » Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:06 pm

I should also mention that MPFreaker may find itself waiting for a web server which has become unresponsive. It's supposed to give up after 60 seconds (and won't even try to use that server again for awhile), but I have seen it hang for up to 3 minutes on an unresponsive server. We're looking into it.

Leon