playlist selection only shows content from the last playlist

Users of MPFreaker exchange tips and comments.
trippp

playlist selection only shows content from the last playlist

Post by trippp » Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:25 pm

When I pick a playlist from MPFreaker, all my playlists in iTunes are shown. Picking one changes to that playlist in iTunes.

But MPFreaker only shows the songs in the last playlist I have, no matter what I do. For a while it was 'wedding playlist', then 'untitled playlist, now it's 'the orb' -- I've tried deleting and/or renaming playlists to see what happens. The end result is that it's always the contents from the last one iTunes has.

Directory selection works, but I don't want to work on my entire library at once.

Help!
beastie

Known bug in 1.9.3

Post by beastie » Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:25 am

What's happening is that MPFreaker is having trouble locating your iTunes information, and there is a bug in 1.9.3's fallback code that would otherwise deal with this. It will be fixed for the next release, though I must say that it is highly unusual for MPFreaker to be unable to find your iTunes library information to begin with.

For now, for anyone experiencing this problem I would suggest going back to the previous version:

http://www.lairware.com/download/MPFreaker-1.9.2.dmg
trippp

Post by trippp » Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:45 pm

Awesome -- thanks fo the quick reply and link.

AS an aside -- is there anything I can do or tweak to help it find my library? I'd be happy to try since it sounds like this shouldn't be happening.

Thanks!
beastie

Trouble finding iTunes library location

Post by beastie » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:22 am

AS an aside -- is there anything I can do or tweak to help it find my library? I'd be happy to try since it sounds like this shouldn't be happening.
The other person I have communicated with experiencing this problem was using a particular NAS setup that we can't easily replicate here.

You could send us your log file to mpfreaker@lairware.com to see if there's a clue in there. It's just a zipped text file if you want to have a look yourself. It can be found in:

Code: Select all

(home directory) / Library / Application Support / MPFreaker