MPFreaker and iTune 4.5

Users of MPFreaker exchange tips and comments.
Aric

MPFreaker and iTune 4.5

Post by Aric » Thu Apr 29, 2004 2:10 pm

Are there any incompatabilities between the new iTunes 4.5/QT 6.5.1 and MPFreaker? I don't want to run it again until I'm reasonably certain thait will be OK.

Suggestion:

It would be nice to manually "pick" the match if something doesn't quite match the songs that MPFreaker finds.

Looking at the errors, MPFreaker often finds the correct CD and info, but refuses to apply it saying what I have doesn't match. in those cases it would be great to manually assign one of the choices that MPFreaker found.

Regards,

Aric
beastie

Re: MPFreaker and iTune 4.5

Post by beastie » Fri Apr 30, 2004 1:33 pm

Aric wrote:Are there any incompatabilities between the new iTunes 4.5/QT 6.5.1 and MPFreaker? I don't want to run it again until I'm reasonably certain thait will be OK.
With MPFreaker 1.0 beta 6 I've scanned through a few hundred tracks in conjunction with iTunes 4.5 & QuickTime 6.5.1, and all is well. No problems.
It would be nice to manually "pick" the match if something doesn't quite match the songs that MPFreaker finds.
I've tried to keep MPFreaker automated as much as possible to allow for overnight batch runs, but the lack of an 'interactive' mode is probably MPFreaker's most glaring omission. :o
Aric

Post by Aric » Fri Apr 30, 2004 2:27 pm

OK Good to know. Thanks.

Yes, fully automated mode is a great thing if you want to quickly add data to your tracks and is very useful.

Interactive mode would help fine tune problems (like when it IDs the songs correctly but refuses to add the info to the tracks because it's not 100% sure it is right or it IDs 2 or more matches and picks the wrong choice).

Regards,

Aric