MPFreaker 1.7.1 is available.

Users of MPFreaker exchange tips and comments.
beastie

MPFreaker 1.7.1 is available.

Post by beastie » Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:25 pm

This release is highly recommended, as not only does it find more artwork, but a number of bugs have been fixed.
  • • Expanded database for better artwork results
    • Fixed bugs which affected overwrite song titles feature
    • Discards found lyrics when only a few words found to avoid spurious results
    • Work around bug in iTunes for song refresh
    • Other minor bug fixes
Click to download.

Leon
Shled

Re: MPFreaker 1.7.1 is available.

Post by Shled » Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:27 am

Hi Leon,
Thanks for great software, again. I was excited to see more work towards getting pesky artwork into each track (especially now that Coverflow is the nicest way to pick albums on an iPhone) so it was with enthusiasm that I did a fresh scan of 15,000 tracks, sorted by Artwork column, then selected only those w/o artwork. Then I started MPFreaker 1.71 working on the list. After a while, of the 987 artless tracks, it found cover art for 36.
This is _not_ a criticism as it found 36 more than 1.70 and that is progress better. I may have some tracks with typos or other problems that MPFreaker can not be expected to make up for. I just wanted to report one (more) paid user results.
If there is anything I can do to help let me know.
...on the gas,
Shled

PS Does MPFreaker generate a local log file I can tail while it is running, perhaps to learn more about where it goes and what it finds or passes by? I see the detail at the bottom so maybe that's all there is?
beastie wrote:This release is highly recommended, as not only does it find more artwork, but a number of bugs have been fixed....
Leon
beastie

Re: MPFreaker 1.7.1 is available.

Post by beastie » Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:43 pm

PS Does MPFreaker generate a local log file I can tail while it is running, perhaps to learn more about where it goes and what it finds or passes by? I see the detail at the bottom so maybe that's all there is?
Indeed, the detail in the bottom Advanced drawer is all there is.

Leon