Question about corrupted song info

Users of MPFreaker exchange tips and comments.
sedroc

Question about corrupted song info

Post by sedroc » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:17 am

I got a bunch of mp3 files where MPFreaker cannot read ID3 tags. The help file mentioned a rebuild function:
After loading a list of songs from a directory or playlist, MPFreaker may present you with a list of songs which appear to have corrupted song information. These are songs that iTunes will quite happily use, but cannot be reliably modified outside of iTunes. Previous versions of MPFreaker would go ahead and work with these songs, despite the fact that iTunes will often ignore any changes that outside programs make to these songs. In MPFreaker, the solution is to rebuild the information tags in these songs by selecting them and clicking the Rebuild button in this window.
Unfortunately I see no such button. So where can I find the mentioned "Rebuild button"?

Thanks in advance!
beastie

Corrupted Song Info window

Post by beastie » Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:27 pm

Indeed, we recently determined that a change in MPFreaker 1.8 had caused it to be unable to show the Corrupted Song Info window (which has the Rebuild button). This has been resolved for MPFreaker 1.8.3, which should be released soon.

Leon
beastie

Fixed!

Post by beastie » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:54 pm

The Corrupted Song Info window will now properly appear as before. Grab MPFreaker 1.8.3 here:

http://www.lairware.com/download/MPFreaker.dmg

Leon