MP Freaker - Feature Request and Bug List

Users of MPFreaker exchange tips and comments.
gryphonent

MP Freaker - Feature Request and Bug List

Post by gryphonent » Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:03 am

I've been using MP Freaker on and off since version 1.1. It has great features, but so often it messes up my library that I have come to the conclusion not to use it anymore. Just recently it allocated "I Have A Dream" by Abba to the album "The Best of Jose Carreras." Excuse me???

Other applications like Jaikoz and SongGenie allow for manual control before applying changes. I truly think such a feature would benefit MP Freaker too.

I also would like to have a drop down menu in the genre field to correct all those wildly allocated genres. Ideally with the iTunes genre list, which covers pretty much most genres and is accepted as standard. So, when I get something like "Neo Synth Pop and Rock" I should be able to click on the genre list and have a dropdown menu with all of the default genres as provided by iTunes.
CaptD

1.8.4 Useful improvments

Post by CaptD » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:43 am

Here is what I think will take MPF to the next user level:
1. Color the horz line of songs that have problems with ORANGE.
2. Provide a button to sort the main window for VIEWING just those problem songs for manual correction.
3. Allow stopping of the scrolling drawer window, without pausing the sorting process; it's a pain in the butt to try and read an error code when it keeps scrolling upward.
4. Provide a button for "Remembering" a problem song and not listing it (similar to how Song Sgt. allows for remembering dups).
5. Allowing for "skipping" a song that stalls the sorting process after a certain time period; I had one song that stalled the sort process all night for some reason! + Mark those with RED coloring for inspection/removal.
6. Add a window when MPF starts up saying that it will take a moment or two to scan the library before the program buttons become active; I thought the program kept freezing when I first starting using it...
7. Provide a button to increase the font size for folks over 40!
8. Add a "BRAIN" so that MPF will check only items/songs that have been modified since the last TOTAL scanning. This would greatly speed things up and be similar to backup programs allowing incremental or full backups. Give folks a choice of how to RESCAN...
CaptD

Is there a listing of error messages that we can access?

Post by CaptD » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:43 am

Is there a listing of error messages that we can access for MPF?
If not perhaps we could start one that is searchable.

BTW: Is this forum searchable? That would be very helpful!
CaptD

Latest version is working well for me...+an idea/improvement

Post by CaptD » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:52 am

I'm using MPF on a Mac with latest OS and it is working VERY well!

One major improvement would be for us to be able to sort our iTunes library by date and then have MPF inspect "only" music from that group of music, instead of our entire library of music.

That way we could choose to have have MPF inspect only the latest music we have added and not "re-inspect" our entire iTunes each time we use it... :idea
beastie

Smart Playlists to the rescue

Post by beastie » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:14 am

The easiest way to do what you describe is to make a Smart Playlist in iTunes with your criteria, such as:

[Date Added] [is in the last] [ 1 ] [months]
or whatever. The possibilities here are endless.

... then choose that playlist from MPFreaker's Sources pop-up menu.
Is there a listing of error messages that we can access for MPF?
If not perhaps we could start one that is searchable.

BTW: Is this forum searchable? That would be very helpful!
Most of MPFreaker's error messages should hopefully explain themselves well enough that you don't need to come here to understand them. If not, please do post a new topic here! You also can search the forums (search button at the top between FAQ and Memberlist).
CaptD

Thanks for the suggestions & ideas!

Post by CaptD » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:16 pm

I'm wondering why you do not choose to post a listing of how to's that would make your current and new users much more informed instead of having everyone ask personal questions one by one!
CaptD

How about a couple of examples or samples?

Post by CaptD » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:18 pm

About this post:
Posted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:14 am Post subject: Smart Playlists to the rescue
The easiest way to do what you describe is to make a Smart Playlist in iTunes with your criteria, such as:

[Date Added] [is in the last] [ 1 ] [months]
or whatever. The possibilities here are endless.

... then choose that playlist from MPFreaker's Sources pop-up menu.

Please consider posting a couple of examples, as I'm not computer savvy enough :oops: (it seems) to know how to do what to you is very simple/trivial!
I'd love to be able to do:
1. List the last 100 songs imported in MPF's window.
2. List ONLY the songs missing:
a) Year
b) Art
c) Genre
d) Errors (like null or chunk...)
e) Items shown in RED

I bet it would take you less time to whip the above out then it's taken me to type this up and post it...

Thanks In Advance!
w.izzy

Parentheses

Post by w.izzy » Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:18 pm

Hello. I have used MPFreaker all this afternoon to fix my 4000 song library. I would like the programme to ignore what is in parenthesis in the title (i assume that the title is somehow used to fetch lyrics) since all them songs with a title like "When The Saints Go Marching In (Live)" keep their state with no lyrics.

Besides all that the programme is perfect for me and my idiosyncrasies.

Thank you very much indeed. Great Software

:)
Last edited by w.izzy on Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:40 am, edited 3 times in total.
beastie

Lyrics for song titles having parentheses

Post by beastie » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:20 am

w.izzy, MPFreaker 1.9.3 beta 3 now does this if you have "Allow partial matches" enabled.

You can get it by going into Preferences and under "Check for updates automatically" set it to "Beta test releases" and then perform a "Check for updates..." from the MPFreaker menu.
w.izzy

Apostrophes

Post by w.izzy » Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:39 am

Hello mr beastie,

Recently i have noticed a strange behaviour with apostrophes. When trying to get lyrics, songs with them in the title seems to be ignored. I assume again that the title is used to search for lyrics.

Also, when trying to get the artwork for a record by a band whose name has apostrophes, there are no results.

Finally, i have tried different characters for apostrophes. I have used the traditional ' but also ` and ´

Also, the issue is noticeable with other characters like ! in songs as "oh! Darling" by the Beatles.

Am i going insane or will you look for that behaviour in your code?

thanks again

and again...great software
w.izzy

Re: MP Freaker - Feature Request and Bug List

Post by w.izzy » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:42 am

bump mr breastie.....

thnkx