lyrics are in japanese/chinese on my iphone

Users of MPFreaker exchange tips and comments.
alternapop

lyrics are in japanese/chinese on my iphone

Post by alternapop » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:16 am

some of the lyrics i've added to my songs show up with an asian font on my iphone yet they are in english within itunes. this doesn't happen to all songs. has anyone seen this or know of a fix?

also, is there a way to remove the "ringtone" crap from the lyrics it does grab?

thanks
beastie

Messed up lyrics

Post by beastie » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:08 pm

some of the lyrics i've added to my songs show up with an asian font on my iphone yet they are in english within itunes. this doesn't happen to all songs. has anyone seen this or know of a fix?
Something to try: Select a song known to have this problem in iTunes, ctrl-click it, select "Convert ID3 Tags..." (if present). Turn on the "ID3 tag version:" checkbox and set the version to v2.3. Resync your iPhone, and let us know what happens.
also, is there a way to remove the "ringtone" crap from the lyrics it does grab?
We try to ensure that lyrics pulled by MPFreaker from a web site don't include things like this, but sometimes it happens for a while before we notice it. Aside from manually editing unwanted text using MPFreaker's Lyrics Inspector window (or iTunes' Get Info window), assuming MPFreaker isn't currently having this problem you can tell MPFreaker to Overwrite for lyrics and have it replace what is already in your problematic song.

If lyrics you've just gathered consistently contain stuff that shouldn't be there, I encourage you to drop an email to support@lairware.com. This kind of thing can often be fixed for all MPFreaker users by us without users needing to download a new version.