MPFreaker stuck on reading directory

Users of MPFreaker exchange tips and comments.
petec18

MPFreaker stuck on reading directory

Post by petec18 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:21 pm

I'm hoping someone can help with this problem. I am new to Mac so please bear with me if I'm not terribly clear on my explanation.

I have been using MPFreaker for a couple of days and then went to change directory that it was connecting to. I accidentally selected the entire Music folder. Now every time that I start the program, it gets stuck on the Reading Directory pop up box indefinitely. Trying to click Cancel will not stop this, trying to quit the program will not stop it, I actually have to go in to the activity monitor and select to quit the process from there.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling MPFreaker, even using CleanMyMac to try and remove any left behind files from it, but nothing has helped so far.

Help please, I don't want to have to resort to restoring the whole machine to get this working.
beastie

Re: MPFreaker stuck on reading directory

Post by beastie » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:02 am

First, to get MPFreaker working:
It is strange that after using something like CleanMyMac that MPFreaker continues to start up wanting to read a directory. By default, MPFreaker should be loading your iTunes library. You may want to manually go into your (home directory) / Library / Preferences folder and trash the com.lairware.mpfreaker.plist file while MPFreaker is not running.

Secondly, to find out why this is happening:
This is not a previously known problem. If MPFreaker hangs again, use Activity Monitor again and select MPFreaker. Instead of force quitting it, use the menu command View > Sample Process and copy/paste the results into an email to support@lairware.com. We'll figure out what's going on.