image not updating MP3 icon

Users of MPFreaker exchange tips and comments.
timski

image not updating MP3 icon

Post by timski » Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:37 am

hi there i have just installed the latest version 1.9.2 and i have just noticed that the mp3's that i have in folders, when i update the information within that track add the artwork etc i have just noticed that the icon for the mp3 is not updating with the new art work?? any suggestions

:-)
beastie

No album artwork icon in Finder

Post by beastie » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:59 am

I can think of only one way for this to happen:

There is a particular metadata format (MP3 ID3 v2.4) that iTunes has always encoded improperly, and cannot read when it is encoded properly by other software. Checking just now, the OS X QuickLook plugin which provides song files with their icons suffers from the same limitation.

By default, MPFreaker will write MP3 ID3 v2.4 metadata tags in "iTunes-compatible format" in order to ensure that artwork and lyrics in these tags are readable by iTunes. In MPFreaker's preferences we also have "Proper specification format" which should only be enabled if your music is going to be used on a device which requires it, such as Sonos hardware. Even some versions of Windows Explorer won't show the artwork unless it is proper specification format.

Is it possible that you've changed this setting in MPFreaker to "Proper specification format"?
timski

Post by timski » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:30 am

hi there thanks for the response i have checked the quick look plugin in osx and all it shows is the classic MP3 icon but plays the file correctly have also checked the preferences and i have got the settings as shown below in the url

i don't understand why this would all of a sudden change? in all the previous versions i have had, the icon would change from the Itunes classic icon to the custom edited image icon, but when i play in either itunes or any other player (traktor) the images are showing correctly. Just not in OS X 10 6.8 default viewers or finder mmmm very strange indeed!

;-)
canzil

Post by canzil » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:01 pm

If you using Lion and new version of iTunes is it the problem!
Bug on iTunes, I have this problem here too!
spoutnik

Re: image not updating MP3 icon

Post by spoutnik » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:35 am

Do not forget to delete the previous image.