BPM

Users of MPFreaker exchange tips and comments.
garycruz

BPM

Post by garycruz » Sun Dec 19, 2004 11:50 am

I just registered MPFreaker! And I have to say, great job! I have been using PC equivalents (such as TagandRename) - but I love how this is semi-automatic.

I do wish you had a way to get BPM automatically into the MP3s such as AsktheDJ software.

My only complaint is that b15 crashes a lot on my 17" PB OS X10.3.7. I have over 40,000 MP3s, and it took about a week to tag most of my music.

In terms of reporting, instead of the red error with the names of songs of an album all separated by album, it would be nice to have the error parse the songs in a list, line by line.
beastie

BPM & crashing

Post by beastie » Mon Dec 20, 2004 2:32 pm

If anyone finds an online database of BPMs, I would happily code support for it into MPFreaker.

Crashing: Anyone who experiences any kind of crash in MPFreaker is strongly encouraged to e-mail their MPFreaker crash log file to me at beastie@lairware.com. You can find it at your-home-folder/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/MPFreaker.crash.log. Double-click it to open it, if you're curious what you're sending before sending it.

Leon
davidlegend

BPM

Post by davidlegend » Mon Oct 17, 2005 12:56 pm

I'd find this feature incredibly useful, and I can't find anything out there to do it. There must be loads of DJs out there who'd find this an instant win too.

Coul you not calculate the bpm from the music data? There's a bit of software called Ask the DJ <http://www.wildbits.com/askthedj/> that does this, but I can't see how I can get it to run through my whole music directory.

Thanks for the app though - it's great.
pdxcarl

Try beaTunes

Post by pdxcarl » Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:41 pm

http://www.beatunes.com. I love it and it'll scan your entire library and automatically calculate and enter BPM for each song. It's pretty cool!