Confirm?

Users of MPFreaker exchange tips and comments.
jono

Confirm?

Post by jono » Sun Jan 22, 2006 1:18 am

I love this application, but I'd really rather see what it comes up with before I add or overwrite info in my files. For instance, I might have an approximate year on some files, or an album name which is correct but not ideal (Best of, rather than original).

If this app could show me what it was going to put in, then let me decide, it would be perfect.

Is there any way to do this??

--jono
beastie

Confirmation & Choice

Post by beastie » Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:26 pm

MPFreaker does not currently offer any confirmation of the information it has gathered, before it adds/overwrites the existing information types you had specified.

This has been one of the more often requested capabilities, often in conjunction with letting the user pick from multiple results. As an example, when you've told MPFreaker to determine an album for a song ("oldest" or "most common", currently), it would be nice for MPFreaker to optionally instead present a list of all albums that it found which contain the song in question, to let the user pick the one desired.

Up to this point, the main focus on MPFreaker has been 1) keeping things simple and 2) keeping things automatic. Obviously, either of the abovementioned features would complicate the interface and stop MPFreaker from being able to process multiple items in an automated fashion. Still, we certainly see the need for such capabilites, and hopefully they'll appear in a future version of MPFreaker.

Leon
babbington

I'm with Jono

Post by babbington » Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:55 pm

I'm with Jono on this one. I don't really think it would complicate the interface at all to allow you to quit without saving changes. Adding this small feature would allow users to reject results that they know to be faulty.