U3 slows after a battle is won

Ultima III has thousands of fans around the world, and here's the home for the Mac users among them.
JBrettM

U3 slows after a battle is won

Post by JBrettM » Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:38 pm

Just downloaded a non-registered version of Lairware's U3 and enjoying getting back into Ultima. One challenge -- after the first battle I encounter everything slows to a snail's pace.

I've tried full-screen and running in a window and am not running any other applications at the same time.

I can quit U3 and re-run the application and everything will be fine ... until the next battle when, again, everything slows down. (After the battle is won -- during the battle all's well.)

Currently I'm running U3 on iBook PPC G3 600 MHz w/ 384 MB RAM and running Mac OS 10.4.11.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be helpful!

Brett.
JBrettM

Post by JBrettM » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:49 pm

Actually, as I've found out, it slows down during battles (if the battle is long enough).

Generally I save & quit after each battle then re-launch but, other than the obvious inconvenience, makes working the dungeons near-impossible.

Could be my unique set up, but I certainly have all the requirements for U3. I'd appreciate knowing if anyone else has a similar problem and, especially, suggested solutions.

Brett.
Sosarian

Slowdowns?

Post by Sosarian » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:23 pm

I play fairly often on a few different systems and have never experienced anything like this.

Maybe post some info about your system so we can compare?
JBrettM

Post by JBrettM » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:35 pm

Wow... that's was a *year* ago :). Let me see if I can remember the set up then...

eMac ?G3? 700MHz 256MB running OS 10.3.9

That's my guess.

Haven't played it for some time (too busy :( ) nor have I tried it on my newer setups (iMac G4/G5 or MBPro DuoCore).

Brett.