Numeric keys on keyboard don't work.

Ultima III has thousands of fans around the world, and here's the home for the Mac users among them.
aleph1

Numeric keys on keyboard don't work.

Post by aleph1 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:32 am

Whenever I try to perform an action that requires selecting a member from my party (talk for example) the keyboard keys move me. I am using an official Apple Keyboard with Numeric Keypad, and the same holds true if I use the number keys on the top of the keyboard or the keypad.

Please help! I haven't played Ultima III since I was a pre-teen and I am hoping to get my fix!
beastie

???

Post by beastie » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:00 am

"Who will Transact-" for me is answerable with the numbers at the top of the keyboard, the numeric keyboard, or clicking on a character with the mouse. I initiated the transactions by both clicking on characters and by using the T key, with three different models of external Apple keyboards, and two different MacBook keyboards.

The above tests were on 10.5.8, though I haven't heard of anything like this on previous systems either. Could you let us know your OS X version, processor type (Intel vs. PPC), and version of Ultima III?

Leon