"Mittar" sound?

Ultima III has thousands of fans around the world, and here's the home for the Mac users among them.
polygoncount

"Mittar" sound?

Post by polygoncount » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:44 am

I'm in the process of replacing the default U3 sounds with those from U4 (yeah, I'm that anal! :p ), and I can't seem to find the thundering sound used for the WIzard 'Mittar' spell. Was it not pulled out with the other sounds into .wav format?

On the subject, since I haven't replaced them all yet, are there any others missing from the .wav list?

Really enjoying this shareware remake. Thanks!
polygon_count
beastie

Mittar

Post by beastie » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:33 am

Mittar uses "Immolate.wav", but the thunder sound I think you're looking for is "BigDeath.wav".

Because of necessity when updating Ultima to run natively on OS X, all of the sound effects had to be pulled out into wavs. That means that if you can hear it when playing, it's in the Sounds (or Music) folder.

When you're done building your U4 Sounds folder, is there any chance you could zip it up and send it to ultima@lairware.com? I could then make it available for download...
polygoncount

Re: Mittar

Post by polygoncount » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:38 pm

beastie wrote:Mittar uses "Immolate.wav", but the thunder sound I think you're looking for is "BigDeath.wav".

Because of necessity when updating Ultima to run natively on OS X, all of the sound effects had to be pulled out into wavs. That means that if you can hear it when playing, it's in the Sounds (or Music) folder.

When you're done building your U4 Sounds folder, is there any chance you could zip it up and send it to ultima@lairware.com? I could then make it available for download...
OH! Thanks! I mistyped, actually - I meant "Repond!" That's the one... I didn't even listen to it because I thought it was a player death sound of some type.

Sure, I can upload them when they sound right... it's close now, but not quite.
polygon_count