Won't merge!!

Discuss LairWare's app for fixing problems in your iTunes library.
willyf87

Won't merge!!

Post by willyf87 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:06 pm

Just bought song sargeant, activated it ok scanned fine but when I click to merge files it say, For this new version of Song Sergeant, you must launch it while you have an internet connection in order to fully activate. Funny thing is my internet is on and working!! Tried re starting. Any ideas anyone?

I have snow leopard and itunes 9, could they be the cause?

Thanks!!
beastie

Activation error

Post by beastie » Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:19 pm

If anyone sees this message and believes that it is in error, try the advice at the beginning of this topic.
johndoe

Post by johndoe » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:01 pm

Hi,

I have downloaded SS SS v1.0.3 and paid and it is registered

I have the problem with SS the error message "Itunes not responding", this is detailed by others using SS v1.0.3, here: http://www.lairware.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=284

So I've followed the instructions to download the beta version, which is v1.0.4b3 (44)

When it loads it warns that this is a Prerelease Version, expiring on November 5, 2009. I click "I Understand" and then SS scans the library and returns the search results:

Duplicates 2133
Inconsistent 52
Orphans 0
Missing 154

However the beta returns the error "Not Activated. For this version of Song Sergeant, you must launch it while you have an active Internet connection in order to fully activate it".

This is weird, as there is an active Internet connection.

Steps To Recreate
Allow Scan to complete
Select AKA icon (I have 52 listed to be fixed)
View 52 files to be fixed
Click a file, or click "Select All"
Click Rename Selected As Preferred
Error message displayed "Not Activated. For this version of Song Sergeant, you must launch it while you have an active Internet connection in order to fully activate it"

I note that the beta version v1.0.4b3 (44) menu option "Check For Updates" does not return a reply, and once selected remains "Greyed Out" in the menu.

I note that the registration entered for SS v1.0.3 shows the beta version as being registered as well.

So I have both SS v1.0.3 and v1.0.4b3 (44) on the Mac, iTunes 9.0 (70) running OSX 10.6