Song Sergeant for large library

Discuss LairWare's app for fixing problems in your iTunes library.
SGibson

Song Sergeant for large library

Post by SGibson » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:17 am

I have an iTunes library with over 100,000 songs that I need to get rid of duplicates, etc. Will Song Sergeant work on a large library like mine?

Thank you!
beastie

Re: Song Sergeant for large library

Post by beastie » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:20 am

Song Sergeant has been optimized to work with large libraries such as yours. Simply download it for free here and scan your library to see how it performs with your library. The "fix" actions (which you can't use until registered) are much less affected by the size of your library than the act of scanning the library for problems.

Leon
SGibson

Post by SGibson » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:54 am

Thank you for your reply!

I had downloaded the trial version and everything seem to work well so I purchased the product. Each time that I have tried to run the program now Song Sergeant quits unexpectedly while scanning. I tried to download it a second time and replace the version I had, but I keep getting the same error message and having the program quit.

Thank you again for your help.
beastie

Crash

Post by beastie » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:59 pm

So it's crashing whilst performing the initial scan of your library for problems, and didn't experience this problem before purchasing? Very odd. There are two files that may be very helpful to tracking this problem down, please send them to songsergeant@lairware.com:

1) Song Sergeant's most recent crash log. You can find them within (home directory) / Library / Logs / CrashReporter.

2) Song Sergeant's own log file(s). The most recent Song Sergeant .zip or .txt file found in (home directory) / Library / Logs.

Thanks.
nidayaqoob1230

Re: Song Sergeant for large library

Post by nidayaqoob1230 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:12 am

thank you beastie, its really use full and help full sharing, i really like it and i find it very use full, appreciated,