Can't Scan Playlist After Tiger Update

Users of MPFreaker exchange tips and comments.
Freaker

Can't Scan Playlist After Tiger Update

Post by Freaker » Thu May 05, 2005 5:05 pm

After updating to Tiger I can no longer scan playlist created in iTunes. I get the following error, "Couldn't get path from alias of artist/song". I can choose a folder from my library in the disk directory and the files appear. And selecting one of those songs with "play" plays the song so there is communication with iTunes. Help.
Paul

Re: Can't Scan Playlist After Tiger Update

Post by Paul » Thu May 05, 2005 11:38 pm

I have the problem also. What can we do?
Freaker wrote:After updating to Tiger I can no longer scan playlist created in iTunes. I get the following error, "Couldn't get path from alias of artist/song". I can choose a folder from my library in the disk directory and the files appear. And selecting one of those songs with "play" plays the song so there is communication with iTunes. Help.
leeus

Post by leeus » Fri May 06, 2005 12:30 pm

I get this issue also,

Lee
bonsai

MPFreaker doesn't work in Tiger...

Post by bonsai » Sat May 07, 2005 3:34 am

Same here. Tiger and MPFreaker does not work.

I think it is the other handling of open Files in Tiger vs. Panther. Tiger are more restrictive as Panther. So MPFreaker looks like didn't get access to these files anymore when parallel iTunes is open and has opened the Files.
MPFreaker in Version 1.0 changed the folder to the Playlist and iTunes parallel open these Files too. So no other Application, like iTunes, can't open these files twice.

So wee have to wait until these buck is fixed.
beastie

MPFreaker 1.0 and Tiger

Post by beastie » Mon May 09, 2005 3:14 pm

Thanks to helpful MPFreaker users, we have fixed this problem for the next version. There are also a lot of architectural changes we've made to ensure more consistency with what iTunes displays, and improved handling of music files for those few who rarely or never use iTunes. Unfortunately, these changes are still undergoing refinement and testing, which prevents us from posting a new version as of yet.

As the initial poster pointed out, the workaround is to access your music library by directory instead of by playlist. For most users, this is the Music folder in your home folder ... more efficiently used by stepping inside iTunes/iTunes Music/ within and selecting a particular artist's folder instead of the whole kit and kaboodle.

Thanks for your patience while MPFreaker 1.0.1 gestates.

Leon
beastie

MPFreaker 1.0.1 semi-private beta available

Post by beastie » Wed May 18, 2005 1:55 am

If you're experiencing any problems with MPFreaker, please send an e-mail to support@lairware.com. If it is a problem which has already been addressed for the next release of MPFreaker, we'd love for you to try out a prelease version of 1.0.1 to see if your issue has been resolved.

Leon