teaching with PixelToy - any chance of System 10 version?

User discussion of PixelToy's uses in live performances, video clip exporting, etc.
Ed

teaching with PixelToy - any chance of System 10 version?

Post by Ed » Fri Apr 30, 2004 1:10 am

I use PixlToy in two of my high school computer classes. In the digital video editing course, students create short and impressive text statements/clips to insert into their movies. In the mulitmedia course, students create a dynamic 15 second public service commercial which is then shown on a huge screen in the high school hallway. The students enjoy the program while learning a lot.

We are moving to system 10 and I would love to see this program run on system 10. Any chance of that happening?
metaproof

Post by metaproof » Fri Apr 30, 2004 2:41 am

We are moving to system 10 and I would love to see this program run on system 10.
PixelToy already runs on OS X. Has done for a couple of years now. And very wonderful it is too!

Andrew
beastie

PixelToy is a "Carbon" application

Post by beastie » Fri Apr 30, 2004 4:11 am

metaproof wrote:
We are moving to system 10 and I would love to see this program run on system 10.
PixelToy already runs on OS X. Has done for a couple of years now. And very wonderful it is too!
To be more specific, unlike many OS X applications out today, the same copy of PixelToy runs natively under OS X and under OS 8.6+. When you upgrade your computers to OS X, PixelToy will just simply continue to run natively.