album artwork...options???

Users of MPFreaker exchange tips and comments.
adaman

album artwork...options???

Post by adaman » Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:53 pm

i just purhased mpfreaker, and i am having trouble with the album artwork...it seems to be finding artwork from some kind of japanese database...the artwork is not showing up as the true album covers and artwork, but some version that is water marked with a white band on the left hand side that has japanese characters...this white band completly block half of the artwork...

is there anyway to set mpfreaker preferences to only check sources that won't return results like this...something like google music, that just has straight album artwork...

please let me know. thank you.
beastie

Japanese sidebar on some covers

Post by beastie » Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:37 pm

A couple of the databases MPFreaker employs sometimes have artwork contributed from Japanese sources. It is all rather low-resolution, as well. You can avoid this artwork by going into MPFreaker's preferences and setting the minimum size to at least 200 pixels. You won't get as much artwork this way, but it'll all be higher quality and much less likely to have import stickers covering part of it.
this white band completly block half of the artwork...
This is either a wee bit of an exaggeration, or a rare exception! All of the artwork I've seen with a Japanese sidebar is no more than 1/5th of the cover.

Leon