Album relation to artwork, track number, year

Users of MPFreaker exchange tips and comments.
bfineman

Album relation to artwork, track number, year

Post by bfineman » Sun May 09, 2004 7:50 pm

First off, great program. I've run it on 10,000+ files with good results, probably over 50% hits. Crash notes: crashes for me do not seem to be related to scanning large numbers of files, but rather running the scan while the program is in the background. But I digress.

The question is this: songs can appear on multiple albums, which is why the "oldest" or "most common" option is available. But, are the artwork, track number, and year linked to the album that is chosen? If a song appears on both album A and album B, is it possible to get the album name set from album A but the artwork from album B, etc? Also, what if the album name is already set and we choose not to overwrite? If we already have album A in our tag but track numbers are blank, could we possibly get the track number set from album B? An important issue, possibly already addressed in the program but not documented as far as I have seen.
beastie

Re: Album relation to artwork, track number, year

Post by beastie » Sun May 30, 2004 6:57 am

bfineman wrote:The question is this: songs can appear on multiple albums, which is why the "oldest" or "most common" option is available. But, are the artwork, track number, and year linked to the album that is chosen? If a song appears on both album A and album B, is it possible to get the album name set from album A but the artwork from album B, etc?
MPFreaker uses the same "chunk" of album information to apply all information to a given song; so you should never get an album name from one album, but the year or track number from another.
Also, what if the album name is already set and we choose not to overwrite? If we already have album A in our tag but track numbers are blank, could we possibly get the track number set from album B?
For songs that already have album names (and are not set to overwrite album), MPFreaker will only apply information/artwork found associated with that album name specifically.

Leon
bfineman

Post by bfineman » Sun May 30, 2004 8:09 am

Thanks for the response. That is exactly the behavior I was hoping it had. Keep up the good work-

Ben